For PAN Verification Registration in language please click here.
- Entity desirous of availing the facility for online PAN verification has to register with NSDL. For this, the entity should forward the following documents to NSDL:
Details to be provided for registration are:
- Organisational Details (name of the entity, TAN / PAN of the entity, category of the entity, responsible person details, contact details (address, telephone number, email).
- Payment Details (amount, mode of payment, instrument number).
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) Details (name of Certifying Authority, class of DSC, DSC serial number).
- The DSC must be in the name of the Entity. An authorisation letter by the Entity should be provided on the letterhead of the entity to NSDL.
- The DSC will be registered against a particular person who has been authorized by the entity.
- The Entity will have to pay in advance a basic fee of 12,000 (annual) per user ID for availing the service.
- For file based verification, additional charges of 60 per file uploaded which may have a maximum of 200 PANs (i.e. 30 paise per PAN) and additional charges of 300 per file uploaded which may have a maximum of 1,000 PANs (i.e. 30 paise per PAN)
- For software based PAN verifications there will be a charge of 30 paise per PAN in addition to the basic charge of 1,000 p.m.
- The entities who intend to use file based or software based verification facility will have to pay an advance of 5,000 which will have to be replenished after the same has been exhausted.
- Service Tax (currently 12.36%) will be applicable on above charges.
- Payment can be made either by demand draft or cheque.
- Demand draft / cheque shall be in favour of 'NSDL - TIN'.
- Name of the entity should be mentioned on the reverse of the demand draft / Cheque.
- Demand draft shall be payable at Mumbai (to be sent to NSDL).
- Entities making payment by cheque shall deposit a local Cheque (drawn on any bank) with any HDFC Bank branch across the country (except Dahej). The Entity shall mention TAN NSDL on the deposit slip. List of HDFC Bank branches.
- Organisation shall select appropriate mode of payment and fill relevant details during registration.
- Mention TAN/PAN on the reverse of the demand draft/cheque.
Note regarding DSC:-
In order to use the new components for digital signing and verification, Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) based users are required to comply with the following pre-requisites with respect to the system configuration of the client machines:
- JRE version : Oracle JAVA (32-bit) 1.6 update 29 or above
- Client Operating system : Windows XP Professional service Pack 3 , Windows 7
- I.E browser version supported : 7,8,9 and 10.
- SafeNet e-Token drivers used should be the latest (if applicable).