- Entity desirous of availing the facility for online PAN verification has to register with NSDL e-Gov. For this, the entity should forward the following documents to NSDL e-Gov:
Details to be provided for registration are:
- Organisational Details (name of the entity, TAN / PAN of the entity, category of the entity, responsible person details, contact details (address, telephone number, email).
- Payment Details (amount, mode of payment, instrument number).
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) Details (name of Certifying Authority, class of DSC, DSC serial number).
- The DSC must be in the name of the Entity. An authorisation letter by the Entity should be provided on the letterhead of the entity to NSDL e-Gov.
- The DSC will be registered against a particular person who has been authorized by the entity.
- The registration charges are 12,000 p.a. plus service tax, Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) and Krishi Kalyan Cess (KKC).
- This facility is provided for one year and the same needs to be renewed on yearly basis.
- PANs verified through file upload under ‘File and Screen Based’ facility are chargeable.
- The entity availing ‘File and Screen Based’ or ‘API Based’ facility has to maintain sufficient advance balance against its user ID in order to verify PANs which are more than the free limit of PANs per day.
- Service tax, Swachh Bharat Cess (SBC) and Krishi Kalyan Cess (KKC) will be applicable on all the above charges
- Payment can be made either by demand draft or cheque.
- Demand draft / cheque shall be in favour of 'NSDL - TIN'.
- Demand draft shall be payable at Mumbai (to be sent to NSDL e-Gov).
- Acknowledgement number and name of entity should be mentioned on the reverse of the demand draft / Cheque.
- Entity shall select appropriate mode of payment and fill relevant details during registration
Note regarding DSC:-
In order to use the new components for digital signing and verification, Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) based users are required to comply with the following pre-requisites with respect to the system configuration of the client machines :
- Windows XP Professional service Pack 3 , Windows 7,Windows 8
- Oracle JAVA (32-bit) 1.6 update 29 or above till java 1.8 update 66
- I.E. browser version 7,8,9,10 and 11.
- SafeNet e-Token drivers used should be the latest (if applicable).