(हिंदी भाषा में निर्देशों के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें)
- Form to be filled in English only.
- Fields marked by asterisk ( * ) are mandatory.
- Mention 10 digit PAN correctly.
- Please do not tick check boxes on the left of the form, if only new PAN card is required. For any change/correction in PAN data, check box in front of the relevant field where change is required should be selected.
Instructions for Filling the Form
Please select appropriate title.
Individuals must state full expanded name. If Last Name and Middle Name are entered, then applicant must enter First Name also. Do not use abbreviations and initials.
Please select appropriate title.
Do not use abbreviations in the First and the Last name/Surname.
For example RAVIKANT should be written as:
For example SURESH SARDA should be written as:
For example POONAM RAVI NARAYAN should be written as:
For example SATYAM VENKAT M. K. RAO should be written as:
For example M. S. KANDASWAMY (MADURAI SOMASUNDRAM KANDASWAMY) should be written as:
Applicants other than 'Individuals' may ignore above instructions.
Non-Individuals should write their full name starting from the first block of Last Name/Surname. If the name is longer than the space provided for the last name, it can be continued in the space provided for First and Middle Name.
For example XYZ DATA CORPORATION (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED should be written as:
For example MANOJ MAFATLAL DAVE (HUF) should be written as:
In case of Company, the name should be provided without any abbreviations. For example, different variations of 'Private Limited' viz. Pvt Ltd, Private Ltd, Pvt Limited, P Ltd, P. Ltd., P. Ltd are not allowed. It should be 'Private Limited' only.
In case of sole proprietorship concern, the proprietor should apply for PAN in his/her own name.
Name should not be prefixed with any title such as Shri, Smt, Kumari, Dr., Major, M/s etc.
Individual applicants are allowed to provide abbreviated 'Name to be printed on the card'. The abbreviated name should necessarily contain the expanded Last Name/Surname.
For example SATYAM VENKAT M. K. RAO which is written in the Name field as:
Can be written as in ‘Name to be printed on the PAN Card’ column as
SATYAM VENKAT M. K. RAO or
S. V. M. K. RAO or
SATYAM V. M. K. RAO
For non individual applicants, this should be same as last name field in item no. 1 above.
Name you would like printed on the card should not be prefixed with titles such as Shri, Smt, Kumari, Dr., Major, M/s etc.
- Instructions in Item No.1 with respect to name apply here.
- Father’s Name: It is mandatory for Individual applicants to provide father’s name. Married woman applicant should also give father's name and not husband's name.
- Mother’s Name: This is an optional field.
- Appropriate flag should be selected to indicate the name (out of the father’s name and mother’s name given in the form) to be printed on the PAN card.
- If none of the option is selected, then father’s name shall be considered for printing on the PAN card.
Date cannot be a future date.
Date 2nd August 1975 should be written as
Relevant date for different category of applicants is:
- Individual: Actual Date of Birth;
- Company: Date of Incorporation;
- Association of Persons: Date of formation/creation;
- Trusts: Date of creation of TrustDeed;
- Partnership Firms: Date of Partnership Deed;
- LLPs: Date of Incorporation/Registration;
- HUFs: Date of creation of HUF and for ancestral HUF date can be 01-01-0001 where the date of creation is not available.
This field is mandatory for Individuals.
Individuals issued a PAN card with some other person's photograph will select the box on the left margin. The original PAN card with wrong photograph is to be enclosed with the acknowledgment.
Individuals issued a PAN card with some other person's signature will select the box on the left margin. The original PAN card with wrong signature is to be enclosed with the acknowledgment.
- Please select either 'Residential' or 'Office' address as the address for communication.
- Individual / HUF / Body of Individuals / Association of Persons / Artificial Juridical Person applicants may provide either of the residential or office address as Address for communication.
- In case of Company/Firm/LLP/Trust/Government/Local Authority, office address is mandatory.
- If Address for Communication is selected as 'Office', Office Name and Address is mandatory.
- Out of first four address fields, applicant must fill up at least two fields.
- Town/City/District, State/Union Territory and PIN are mandatory.
- If the applicant wants to enter foreign address, option for "outside India" should be selected from the drop down list in the field of "State/Union Territory".
- Further, applicant should select the name of the country and enter the ZIP code as applicable.
If applicant wishes to update other address, besides address for communication, box on left margin to be selected and details of address to be provided in the relevant fields.
Telephone number should include country code(ISD code) and STD code or Mobile No. should include Country code(ISD Code).
Telephone number 23555705 of Delhi should be written as
|Country code||STD Code||Telephone Number / Mobile number|
Where ‘91’ is the country code of India and 11 is the STD Code of Delhi.
Mobile number 9102511111 of India should be written as
|Country code||STD Code||Telephone Number / Mobile number|
Where '91' is the country code of India.
NRI /Foreign National should mention the ISD code of their respective country and City code as applicable in the space provided for ISD & STD code. e. g. Person staying in Chicago should write A1 in the ISD code and 312 in STD code text box. (A1 is ISD code of USA and 312 is City code of Chicago).
It is mandatory for the applicants to mention either their “Telephone number” or valid “e-mail id” so that they can be contacted in case of any discrepancy in the application and/or for receiving PAN through e-mail.
Application status updates are sent using the SMS facility on the mobile numbers mentioned in the application form (applicable only for Indian mobile numbers).
It is suggested that applicants mention their telephone number so that they can be contacted in case of any discrepancy in the application form.
Applicants must provide their valid e-mail ID for receiving PAN through e-mail.
Aadhaar number, if allotted, may be quoted (supported by copy of Aadhaar letter/card). If copy of Aadhaar is selected as proof of identity/address/date of birth, then it is mandatory to enter Aadhaar number. In case applicant is ‘MINOR’, Aadhaar of minor should be mentioned in the application form (i.e. Do not mention Representative Assessee's Aadhaar number).
All PAN(s) inadvertently allotted should be mentioned and the corresponding PAN card(s), if any, to be submitted for cancellation along with the acknowledgment. PAN to be cancelled should not be same as PAN (the one currently used) mentioned at the top of the form.
Application must be signed by (i) the applicant; or (ii) Karta in case of HUF; or (iii) Director of a Company; or (iv) Authorised Signatory in case of AOP, Body of Individuals, Local Authority and Artificial Juridical Person; or (v) Partner in case of Firm/LLP; or (vi) Trustee; or (vii) Representative Assessee in case of Minor/deceased/idiot/lunatic/mentally retarded.
It is mandatory to provide Verifier’s name, Verifier capacity and verifier place in the application.
Documents to be Submitted Along with the Application
Proof of Identity and Address
- Documents which are acceptable as proof of identity and address are mentioned in detailed instructions for documents to be submitted.
- Proof of Identity and address must be in the full expanded name of the applicant as mentioned in the application form.
- If the applicant is a minor (i.e. below 18 years of age at the time of application), any of the documents acceptable as proof of identity and address of any of the parents/ guardian of such minor shall be deemed to be the proof of identity and address of the applicant.
- Proof of address in the name of spouse/parents/sibling etc will not be accepted as valid proof of address.
- Proof of Address is required for the address mentioned in "Address for communication" in item no.7.
- If item no.8 is ticked & filled in, proof of address mentioned therein is also required.
Proof of PAN
- Proof of PAN is required for the PAN currently in use (i.e. existing PAN). This is required for the PAN mentioned at the beginning of the application before item no. 1
- Proof of PAN is also required in case of cancellation request for any PAN, i.e., for any PAN mentioned in Item No. 10
- Proof of PAN can be one of the following only:
- Copy of PAN card; or
- Copy of intimation letter issued by the Income Tax Department in lieu of PAN card intimating PAN.
- In case one of the above proofs are not available, a copy of FIR (stating loss of PAN card) can be submitted.
If proof of PAN (as stated above) is not submitted, the application will be processed on a 'good effort' basis even without a copy of FIR. During verification at NSDL, if it is found that there are differences between the PAN or the data provided in the application with the ITD database, the application may not be processed and the processing fee will be forfeited.
Proof for Change Requested
The applicant shall be required to provide further documentary proof to support request for correction or change in PAN data like name, father's name, date of birth, for example:
- Request for change (marginal correction like spelling correction, expansion of initials, etc.,) in applicant's or father's name will have to be supported with suitable proof of identity containing corrected data.
- Request for change (significant change) in applicant's or father's name will have to be supported with such proof that will contain proof of change of name from the old to the new in addition to the proof of identity. The documents that shall be accepted as proof in this case are:
- For married ladies - change of name on account of marriage - marriage certificate, marriage invitation card, publication of 'name-change' in gazette, a certificate from a gazetted officer stating name change, copy of passport showing husband's name.
- For individual applicants other than married ladies - publication of `name-change' in gazette, a certificate from a gazetted officer stating name change.
- For companies - ROC's certificate for name change.
- For partnership firms - revised Partnership Deed
- For other categories which are registered organisations (AOP/Trust/BOI/AJP, etc.) - the revised registration/deed/agreement.
- Request for correction of date of birth (for individuals) and date of incorporation (non-individuals) will have to be supported with documents issued by competent authority containing the correct date.
- The address for communication in the ITD database will be updated with the address for communication mentioned in the application, even if change in address for communication is not requested in the application.
If the core data relating to the PAN (the applicant's name, date of birth, father's name (for individual), name and date of incorporation [for non-individual]) provided in the application substantially varies with the PAN data in the ITD database and the applicant has not requested for the change in the same with sufficient support documents, the applicant will be intimated of this variance. In such case the applicant will have to provide necessary support documents.