FVU for Quarterly Returns
e-TDS /TCS returns prepared for FY 2007-08 and onwards (i.e. Forms 24Q, 26Q, 27Q and 27EQ) can be validated using this utility.
The e-TDS/TCS FVU is a Java based utility. JRE (Java Run-time Environment) [versions: SUN JRE: 1.6 onwards] should be installed on the computer where the e-TDS/TCS FVU is being installed. Java is freely downloadable from http://java.sun.com and http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk or you can ask your vendor providing computer facilities (hardware) to install the same for you.
The e-TDS/TCS FVU setup file (e-TDS/TCS FVU.exe) comprises of three files namely:
- TDS FVU Readme.rtf: This file contains instructions for setup of the e-TDS FVU.
- e-TDS FVU Setup.exe: This is a setup program for installation of FVU.
- These files are in an executable zip file. These files are required for installing the e-TDS/TCS FVU.
“Please download and replace the existing folders with the latest version of FVU and RPU folders available at TIN website. Replacing only the FVU Jar file in the old folder may lead to the rejection of statement at the time of submission of the file.”
FVU for quarterly e-TDS/TCS statement pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards
FVU for quarterly e-TDS/TCS statement up to FY 2009-10
Instructions for extracting the files are given in:
Extraction of e-TDS/TCS FVU
- To extract these files, double-click on 'e-TDS FVU.exe'.
- A 'WinZip Self-Extractor - e-TDS FVU.exe' will open.
- By default, the path selected for extraction of the three files will be 'C:\e-TDS FVU'.
- The files can also be extracted in any other location (other than C:\e-TDS FVU). In that case, the appropriate path has to be defined by clicking the 'Browse' button where the three files should be extracted.
- Thereafter, click on 'Unzip' button.
- On clicking the 'Unzip' button, the three files mentioned above will get extracted to the specified path (i.e. in folder 'C:\ e-TDS FVU' by default or at the specified path).
Installation of e-TDS/TCS FVU
The e-TDS/TCS FVU can be setup as per the procedure mentioned in the 'e-TDS FVU Readme.rtf' file (one of the three files extracted).
Running the FVU
The procedure to run FVU is given in the Readme button on the window opened by clicking e-TDS/TCS FVU icon.