The Pay and Accounts Office (PAO)/ District Treasury Office (DTO)/ Cheque Drawing and Disbursing Office (CDDO) are required to file Form 24G as per Income-tax Department Notification no. 41/2010 dated May 31, 2010. In case of an office of the Government, where tax has been paid to the credit of Central Government without the production of a challan associated with deposit of the tax in a bank, the PAO / CDDO / DTO is required to file Form 24G. For filing Form 24G each PAO / CDDO / DTO is required to have an AIN. AIN is the identification of the PAO / CDDO / DTO for the purpose of filing Form 24G. It is mandatory for each PAO / CDDO / DTO to have an AIN.
How to Apply
- Application for AIN has to be made in the form ‘Application for allotment of Accounts Office Identification Number’ (AIN application form).
- The application has to be made in physical form as per guidelines provided with the AIN application form.
Where to get the physical application forms
- The application form can be downloaded from the Income Tax Department website ( www.incometaxindia.gov.in ) or the TIN website www.tin-nsdl.com or from the office of the Income Tax Department.
- The duly filled and signed application for AIN allotment is to be submitted in physical form to the jurisdictional CIT (TDS).
- The details of the CIT (TDS) are available on the TIN website ( www.tin-nsdl.com )
Allotment of AIN
- Complete and correct AIN application forms submitted by the PAO / CDDO / DTO will be forwarded to NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited (NSDL) by the CIT (TDS) recommending allotment of AIN to the PAO / CDDO / DTO.
- On allotment of AIN, the same will be communicated vide e-mail/ letter will be sent to the PAO / CDDO / DTO at the email ID/ communication address mentioned in the AIN allotment form.
Download of AIN application
PAO/CDDO/DTO who do not have a AIN can apply for one by submitting a duly filled and signed AIN application form to jurisdictional