Correction in OLTAS challan
NSDL receives tax collection data as uploaded by the bank. NSDL is not authorized to carry out any changes in the data sent by the bank to TIN.
The fields that can be corrected by the Taxpayer through Bank are tabulated below
|Sl. No.||Type of Correction on Challan||Period for correction request (in days)|
|1||PAN/TAN||Within 7 days from challan deposit date|
|2||Assessment Year||Within 7 days from challan deposit date|
|3||Total Amount||Within 7 days from challan deposit date|
|4||Major Head||Within 3 months from challan deposit date|
|5||Minor Head||Within 3 months from challan deposit date|
|6||Nature of Payment||Within 3 months from challan deposit date|
- Above correction mechanism is applicable only for physical challans with deposit date greater than equal to September 1, 2011.
- Any correction request initiated by the taxpayer after the time limit specified above shall be rejected by Bank.
- For challans with challan deposit date from September 1, 2011 to September 30, 2011, the time limit for correction in TAN/PAN, Assessment Year and Amount will be within 45 days from challan deposit date.
- The fields that can be corrected and the entity authorized to carry out corrections on challan with deposit date less than September 1, 2011 are as below:
Sl. No. Type of Correction on Challan Performed By 1 PAN/TAN Assessing Officer 2 Assessment Year Assessing Officer 3 Major Head Assessing Officer /Bank 4 Minor Head Assessing Officer 5 Nature of Payment Assessing Officer 6 Total Amount Bank 7 Name Bank
- For rectifications in challans paid through online mode (internet challan) , taxpayer may contact their concerned Assessing Officer (AO) of the Income Tax Department (ITD).
- More details on Challan Correction Mechanism available at http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/_layouts/15/dit/pages/viewer.aspx?path=http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/documents/challan-correction-mechanism-26082011.htm?int=1&IsDlg=1