- The entity must have a Digital Signature Certificate (Class II or Class III) from any of the licensed Certifying Authorities specified below for the purpose of digitally signing the application and the files uploaded online.
- The Digital Signature Certificate can be procured from the following Certifying Authorities.
- The entity desirous of opting for 'API' based facility, it is advisable to procure below tested e-tokens only. The compatibility of these e-tokens has been tested using Java code & Dot net code on below mentioned environments:
|e-Token||Java code||DOT NET Code|
|Aladdin||Operating system : 32-bit Windows 7 and 64-bit SUSE Linux 11||
|Gemalto||Operating system : 32-bit Windows 7||
|Moser Baer||Operating system : 32-bit Windows 7||
|WatchData||Operating system : 32-bit Windows 8 and Windows 7||
|e-Pass||Operating system : 32-bit Windows 7||
Note: The compatibility of e-token is highly dependent on the hosted client infrastructure setup.
- The digital certificate must be in the name of the applicant. An authorisation letter by the applicant should be provided on the letterhead of the applicant to NSDL e-Gov.
In order to use the new components for digital signing and verification, Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) based users are required to comply with the following pre-requisites with respect to the system configuration of the client machines :
- Windows XP Professional service Pack 3 , Windows 7,Windows 8
- Oracle JAVA (32-bit) 1.6 update 29 or above till java 1.8 update 66
- I.E. browser version 7,8,9,10 and 11
- SafeNet e-Token drivers used should be the latest (if applicable)