Apply New TAN online
FAQ / TAN / Change/Correction in TAN Data

हिंदी भाषा में परिचय के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें.


Any change or corrections in the data associated with the TAN, should be communicated to ITD by filing up 'Form for Changes or Correction in TAN data for TAN allotted' alongwith the necessary fees at any of the TINFCs, or at NSDL-TIN website.

You have to pay Rs. 55 (plus service tax, as applicable) to NSDL/TIN-FC as processing fees while submitting your application at the TIN-FC or making online application.

Change of address within a jurisdiction does not change the TAN. However, it may involve a change in the Assessing Officer. Such changes must, therefore, be intimated to ITD so that the TAN database of ITD can be updated. In case of change of address from one jurisdiction to other (e.g. address changes from Bangalore to Mumbai) a new TAN needs to be applied for and previous TAN needs to be surrendered on allotment of fresh TAN.

Assessing Officer Details are available at NSDL-TIN website.

Printout of the webpage showing details of TAN, from the Income Tax Department's website can serve as proof of TAN.